We at www.saicarbazar.com
provides you the world’s best helping tips, how to check papers of a used car. Whether you are buying a used car from an individual, a dealer and auto company check all the documents carefully.
The RC (Registration Certificate) is the most important document and provides vital information about the car, including its Registration Number, Registered Owner, Previous Owner, Registered/Previous Owner’s address etc, make, variant, color, chassis number, engine number, Hire Purchase (H.P.), tax paid till dated or year and Vehicle Registration Date etc. You need to check all the information described above and if you found anything mismatching go for the deep decision with the current owner of the vehicle.
1. If the registration number mismatch with the vehicle number plate, that registration (RC) is legally not valid.
2. If registered owner’s details mismatch with the person claiming to be its owner, legally not valid.
3. If the variant, make mismatch with the vehicle, proves something might be wrong go for a deep decision with the current owner.
4. If the current color, chassis number of the vehicle mismatch with the color, chassis number mentioned in the registration (RC), this can be because of a major accident and this vehicle might be involved in any legal questioning/case.
5. If the engine number of the vehicle mismatch with the engine number mentioned in the registration, that might be because of the car is very old and the registered engine life expired or was involved in a major accident. Hence it is illegal.
6. If you find any bank name, address in the registration (RC) mentioned in the column of HP, this might be because of any outstanding for a loan taken on the vehicle and if in the documents you find Form 35 and a cover note or a latter pad from the bank on behalf of the registered owner and as per the details of vehicle that means there is no loan outstanding But remind that Form 35 and a cover note or a latter pad valid for the time mentioned on them.
7. If the date mentioned for road tax in the registration (RC) has expired, it’s the time to get your vehicle registration renewal by paying the road tax again.
8. Note that we can apply for the changes like change in registration number, color, engine number, chassis number and to delete the hire purchase (HP) in the registration RC of the vehicle from the SDM/DTO of your district by fulfilling the legal requirements. The registration number of the vehicle can be changed in three situations only first, if the registered owner wants that number to be registered on his other vehicle, secondly if anyone wants to register that car in any other state of India and the last one if any of the paid number is registered on vehicle and the registered owner doesn’t want that and the buyer doesn’t pay the fee for the number registered on that vehicle then Indian government changes that paid number with the current series of that authority and put the paid number in the safe custody in Indian government account is registering
9. Be aware of make variant they can’t be changed in any situation or if you find this type of cheating by anyone or anything wrong your duty is to inform the nearby police station or SDM help to put these kind of creatures to there right place.
10. If you plan to drive it to another state, you will have to get the registration done there. If the car is very old or was involved in a major accident, the engine may have been changed, so ensure that RC has new number.
Get the insurance transferred to your name, otherwise it will be tough to claim in case of an accident. While transferring the policy, check if the premium has been paid regularly, the expiry date of the policy and if the insurance has ever been claimed. Also find out if the car has a third party or comprehensive insurance.
Before buying a car, ask the seller to give you a copy of the NOC (Non Objection Certificate) from the finance company, which will clarify that the whole loan has been paid off. You have to take care of this point otherwise if you take the possession of the car and the registration certificate is transferred in your name, the lender may ask you as the new owner to pay the pending loan.
You should also go through the service history of the vehicle, it will reveal to you the condition of the car. A vehicle that has been serviced on time will be in a better running condition. If the car has been modified to run on two types of fuels, ask the seller for the dual fuels certification, as well as an NOC from the RTO, which certifies that the vehicle can run in both fuels.